This is Shadow’s mission statement:
Our mission is to build political power for the progressive movement by developing affordable and easy-to-use tools for teams and budgets of any size.
Pete Buttigieg and Joe Biden have been accused of using Shadow to try and steal the Iowa caucuses from Bernie Sanders. I don’t know if that’s true but they have a legitimate beef. Get ready to go down the rabbit hole.
In 2019, a liberal group called ACRONYM acquired Shadow Inc. ACRONYM is a Democrat dark money machine that was founded by Tara McGowan. She has a long resume as a Democrat operative. Her husband advises Pete Buttigieg’s campaign and she is a big fan of Pete.
MAYOR PETE IS RUNNING 😍😍😍 https://t.co/DNUyILImWM
— Tara McGowan (@taraemcg) January 23, 2019
Buttigieg has been given the moniker of Mayor Cheat by Bernie supporters for claiming victory in Iowa in spite of the results not being released yet. Also, his internal results have him losing to Bernie.
— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) February 4, 2020
The @PeteButtigieg campaign just released its internal results (covering 75% of precincts) showing Buttigieg doing the same as was reported by the @BernieSanders internal numbers. Meaning it’s clear that Bernie Sanders won the #IowaCaucus. https://t.co/aX4LW3ya8H
— Brent Welder (@BrentWelder) February 4, 2020
Pete’s campaign gave Shadow Inc. money. Not unusual but given how things are playing out in Iowa, this is giving Bernie supporters fits. It certainly doesn’t look good.
The results of the caucuses are not expected to be released until Tuesday afternoon due to inconsistencies in reporting.
Shadow Inc. describes its mission on its website as: “Our mission is to build political power for the progressive movement by developing affordable and easy-to-use tools for teams and budgets of any size.”
A check of the Federal Election Commission website shows Buttigieg isn’t the only candidate to use their services.
- Nevada State Democratic Party $58,000
- Pete for America $42,500
- Gillibrand 2020 $37,400
- For Our Future $10,643.25
- Democratic Party of Wisconsin $3,750
- Biden for President $1,225
- Texas Democratic Party $250
Buttigieg’s campaign told CNN they paid Shadow Inc for text messaging.
So an app by former Hillary campaign alums got money from Biden and Buttigieg, and Bernie’s Iowa win is being caught up in a disaster of results reporting. I wonder why Bernie supporters might be a bit conspiratorial here?
It gets better. Tara McGowan and ACRONYM are the people behind the plan to create fake newspapers in swing states to trick voters into voting for Democrats. Literally, they are creating fake news to get Democrats elected. This tactic was also used in the UK.
- A new Democrat dark money operation acquires a company that makes tools for campaigns.
- The founder of said operation loves Pete and her husband advises him.
- Dems have been working to assist Biden.
- Last Des Moines Register poll showed Biden losing Iowa big.
- Poll magically doesn’t get published.
- App to tally results crashes.
- Biden and Buttigieg gave money to the app creators.
- Pete declares victory without any results published. He also loses to Bernie with his own internal data.
- Internal data shows last unpublished poll was most accurate on Biden’s results.
- All of this is tied to well-known Democrat dark money machine strategizing to fabricate fake news, masquerade it as real, and get Democrats elected.
Hard to blame Bernie supporters for thinking something is amiss.